If you want to be fit, you don’t work out once a week. If you want to get your soul fit, you exercise it daily.
Faith Training is a series of spiritual exercises we encourage you to do through the week. Faith Training regiments build on each message series so you don’t get stale or plateau.
Faith training for summer 2021
- Daily Bible Reading – Read one chapter of the Bible a day, 5 days/week. It can be a new chapter each time or a re-read of the previous day. If you don’t know where to start, pick a Gospel. Maybe Mark!
- Weekly Connect – Meet with 1-2 others outside your household, either face-to-face or virtually, each week for approximately 30-90 minutes. Discuss what you've read and what you're learning. Some guiding questions to help facilitate discussion:
- What am I learning about Jesus? And through him, about God?
- What’s a passage that struck me?
- What’s confusing me?
- What questions would I ask God about this if we were face-to-face?
- What next steps am I being nudged to take?
Personalized Spiritual Fitness Plans
Just like going to a health club or training for an event, sometimes it's beneficial to bring on a personal trainer. At FOF we want to help you break through plateaus and have the strongest faith possible. Email Pastor Dave to set up a personalized spiritual fitness plan. This initial one-to-one consultation leads to a personally tailored program with personal faith coaching.