Faith Training - Family
You've chosen the Faith Training Family workout!
The Family track is designed to bring your family together for an intentional time of faith growth and prayer.
- Daily Bible Reading – Have each person in your household read one section of the Bible a day, 5 days/week. (Consider reading it together, or with your kids.) This could be a few verses, a story, or whole chapter. You can read something new each day, or re-read a previous story over and over again. If you don’t know where to start, pick a Gospel. Maybe Mark!
- Family Connect – Meet with your family at least weekly (if you're reading together at the same time, do this just about every time you read) to talk about what you've read, and pray together. A few minutes spent is fine.
- Weekly Connect – Then, connect with 1-2 others outside your household, either face-to-face or virtually, each week for approximately 30-90 minutes. This can be you as a parent connecting with another parent, or bringing two families together. Debrief together joys and challenges in doing this with your family. Sharpen your own insights with some guiding questions to help facilitate discussion:
- What am I learning about Jesus? And through him, God?
- What’s a passage that struck me?
- What’s something that confused me?
- What’s a question I would like to ask God face-to-face about this?
- What next steps am I being nudged to take?